These 11 perfect gift ideas for foodies will make your shopping so much easier! Get your friends and family gifts they will actually love and use! And maybe surprise them with a little something unexpected!
Everybody knows a foodie. Or maybe you are a foodie, but your friends and family keep giving you weird kitchen implements for gifts, thinking you’ll be thrilled with them. And now you have a kitchen cluttered with things you never use and don’t know what the heck to do with.
No more of that with this list of gifts that foodies ACTUALLY want. And if you don’t see anything here that strikes your fancy, you for sure will find something on my Christmas Gift Guide for Foodies or The Ultimate Gift Guide for Foodies posts. All of these posts have direct links to Amazon so you can purchase these gifts for friends and family (and yourself!)
First up is this Digital Thermometer. Guys, I swear, I do not know how I ever lived without a meat thermometer. These things have improved my cooking so much! I no longer overcook my meat so that it’s dry and hard!
What I love about this meat thermometer is that it has a cord you can insert and leave in the meat while the meat is in the oven, crock pot, or electric roaster. You can just close the oven door over the tiny cord (or place the crock pot or roaster lid over it) and the digital display stays on your countertop. You can even set an alarm to go off when your meat reaches the proper temperature.
Wouldn’t this be great for the crock pot? I’m never sure when the meat is actually done in there! We could probably be eating a lot sooner if I had one of these thermometers!
2. I recently visited a kitchen store where I was introduced to these Nordic Ware Bundt Pans. Oh my gosh! A whole new world has opened up to me! There are so many amazing, beautiful designs! I want them all! When you click on the Amazon link below, go ahead and scroll down and look at the “related items” to see all the different designs that are available. I bought myself this loaf pan and am super tempted to start a bundt pan collection!
3. As I was contemplating which bundt pan or loaf pan to buy, the first worry I had was that my baked goods would stick in the intricate designs of the pan. Then, as if reading my mind, the store clerk recommended Baker’s Joy cooking spray. It’s got flour along with oil, so it’s like greasing and flouring your pan, but so much easier!
This is pretty-much a must when using super fancy bundt pans, so if you do buy a bundt pan or loaf pan, be sure to grab some of this Baker’s Joy cooking spray as well.
4. I recently posted a recipe for Creme Brulee on the site. This is one of my all-time favorite desserts. But I had to piece it all together myself. The ramekins. The torch. All the ingredients. With this Creme Brulee Kit, you get all the ramekins and the kitchen torch, along with a handy creme brulee mix and caramelizing sugar!
5. Making chocolate candy is so fun, and a great activity to do with kids! Whether you want to make filled chocolates like the ones I teach you to make on my super popular post Easy Home Made Filled Chocolates, or you just want to melt some chocolate or almond bark and make them into fun shapes, these Silicone Candy Molds are just the thing!
These are really inexpensive, and there are tons of different designs to choose from. When you click on the link below, go ahead and scroll down on Amazon to see other shape options.
6. I have this OXO Measuring Cup Set, and I love it! It’s so great that each base is a different color, so you can easily see how they fit together (in the order of the rainbow). OXO is my favorite kitchen brand. All their products are super high-quality and really useful.
7. Who here hates cutting up cilantro? I feel like it just sticks to my fingers and I can never cut it small enough. These Herb Cutters and Kitchen Shears would be perfect! This set even comes with a comb (to clean out the blades of the herb cutter). You could use this combo set for so many things!
Chefast Heavy Duty Kitchen Shears and Herb Scissors Set: Combo Kit of Stainless Steel Food Scissors, 5-Blade Herb Cutter, and Two Jute Bags – Great for Meat, Poultry, Garden, Cooking, Crafts, and More
8. My pots and pans have taken a beating. I have dropped a couple of pans while they were hot, and the tops have been dented so that lids no longer fit on them. I think it’s time for a new set! I love this Rachael Ray Porcelain Nonstick Cookware Set! The great thing is that it comes in a lot of different colors! (If anyone would like to get me this, I’d love the red set!)
9. I recently saw a pineapple corer/slicer and thought it would be great include in this list. But then I found this whole set of gadgets for every type of fruit! It’s the Ultimate Fruit Gadget Pack! I had no idea so many handy things had been invented to help you peel your oranges, ball your melons, slice your avocados and bananas, and peel your kiwi! What a great set!
10. If you are like me, you love to try new foods. I would be so excited to receive this Gourmet Chocolate Variety Pack. It’s got fun flavors like honeycomb, potato chip, caramel apple, spicy maya, churro, mango, and more!
Chocolate Gift Set – Chuao Chocolatier Share the Love 36 Piece Gift Set (.39 oz mini bars) – Best-Selling Variety Pack – Gourmet Artisan Milk and Dark Chocolate Assortment – Free of Artificial Flavors
11. Finally, I have been dying to try to make French macarons! But I’ve never gotten around to learning how to do it or getting all the special tools required. This kit has special baking mats, an offset spatula, regular spatula, and guide that teaches you exactly how to do it. This is the perfect gift for the cookie lover in your life!