These Peanut Butter Crispy Bars are the perfect treat to take to parties and picnics. Only six ingredients, and no baking!
I could eat these all day long. They are SO addicting! (Addictive? Which is the proper word here?) They’re crispy and gooey and chocolaty and peanut buttery and butterscotchy. Bet you’ve never heard that word before. Butterscotchy. I like saying that.
But I digress.
Let’s talk about how to make these. You’ll need to grab some peanut butter, Rice Krispies, sugar, corn syrup, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. (If you don’t have butterscotch chips, that’s o.k. You can use all chocolate chips. Of course, then these bars won’t be butterscotchy 🙂 )
First, just put some creamy peanut butter, sugar, and corn syrup in a large pan over medium heat on the stove. Stir it all until it gets hot and smooth. Then take it off the heat, add all the Rice Krispies, and stir.
Next, press it into a 9×9 un-greased pan. I find that the best way to press these (and regular Rice Krispie Treats) into pans is to wet my fingers and quickly press down. Another idea is to lightly spray your hands with cooking spray so that the treats won’t stick to them as you press them down. You could also get a square of plastic wrap, spray one side with cooking spray, place it spray-side down over the top of the whole thing, and press down until the top is even. Or, I guess you could use a spatula. That might work, too. ????
Once your bars are nicely and evenly pressed, melt your chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together and pour them over the top. Spread them around using swirly motions. (The swirly motions are optional). Then just wait an hour, cut, and enjoy!
(This recipe can easily be doubled to fit a 9×13 pan. This recipe first appeared on Yellow Bliss Road, where I am a contributor).
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal like Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Mix the corn syrup, peanut butter, and sugar together in a large pan over medium heat.
- Heat and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from the heat and add the crisp rice cereal. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Press into an un-greased 9x9 pan.
- Melt butterscotch chips and chocolate chips together and spread over the crispy rice and peanut butter mixture.
- Let set for one hour before cutting.
Pin me! And be sure to visit The Cookie Jar for more great recipes!