Soft peanut butter oatmeal cookies with a luscious peanut butter cream filling. Girl Scout copy cat cookies, but even better!
These cookies are the bomb. And I don’t talk like that. I typically avoid ridiculous colloquialisms, but seriously, it cannot be helped in this situation. If you have ever had those peanut butter Girl Scout cookies, you will absolutely love these, because they are better. It’s true. I served these at a party the other night and got asked for the recipe several times by rapturous party-goers. My husband regularly makes these cookies, because they are his favorite. Chock full of protein from the peanut butter and eggs, and fiber from the oatmeal, you could practically have these for dinner. When you add the luscious peanut butter filling, it transforms them into a delicious dessert! So there you have it. Dinner and dessert in one adorable package. Who could ask for more?
When I make cookies, I love to use silicone baking sheets. I don’t know what I ever did without them. Cookies slide right off, and the bottoms firm up so much quicker than on regular metal pans. I found these Silpat Perfect Cookie Baking Sheets on Amazon. Aren’t they so cute? They have outlines for your cookies placed optimally so your cookies don’t run into each other! (Be sure to visit The Cookie Jar for all my awesome cookie recipes!)
I do also adore my stoneware. I have a couple Pampered Chef pans, but you can buy this Wilton Perfect Ceramic Pizza Stone for much cheaper. I like to use pizza stones rather than baking pans with sides, because the pizza stones are so much easier to clean.
So make these cookies today! Everyone will love you. And don’t we all need a little more love? And peanut butter?
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter two cubes, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy or chunky
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups rolled oats or quick oats
- 3 Tbsp. butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, sugars, and vanilla.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix well.
- Add oatmeal and mix until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Using a small cookie scoop, place cookies two inches apart on Silpat-lined baking sheets, or ungreased stoneware.
- Bake 9 or 10 minutes, until edges start to brown. Centers will still look soft.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly on baking sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- To make the cream filling, mix the butter, powdered sugar, peanut butter, and milk or cream until smooth. Spread on the bottom half of one cookie, then top with another cookie to make sandwiches.
Have you subscribed yet? You’ll get my recipe ebook “The Top Ten” which also contains the bonus super-secret recipe for Lemon Meringue Pie Ice Cream. It will never appear on this blog, so subscribing is the only way to get it! Just click here to sign up!
Recipe adapted from Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies 3 from Allrecipes.com.