Did you notice anything different when you came to my blog today? Like how it’s more awesome than ever? I found a talented designer, Sarah over at Snixy Kitchen, who redesigned it for me. She did an AMAZING job and made it look exactly how I wanted! (By the way, if you want to see some incredible food photography, you have to check out her site).
Here are some of my favorite things about my new blog:
- The fun, bright colors.
- The cute new subscribe box in the sidebar. Kinda makes you want to subscribe, doesn’t it? (Hint, hint).
- The fancy cursive writing.
- The inventive category names.
- The new layout, both on the homepage and all the other pages. (You have to see the ice cream page. It’s so pretty!)
- The cool menu button on mobile devices. Just click on it and you’ll see what I mean! (If my logo is not showing up properly on your mobile device, you will need to update some things in your browser. If you use Safari, go to your phone settings > safari and click “clear history & website data.” For Chrome, go to chrome on your browser, click the three little dots in the top right corner > settings > privacy > clear cache).
If you scroll down on the home page, you can see samples of the major categories with a link to see everything in that category. If you click on the “recipes” tab in the main menu, you will get a visual sampling of all the recipe categories. I feel like this new site is so much more visually appealing and user-friendly, and I’m so excited about it!
I shall now announce the winning ice cream flavors! I did a survey to determine which ice cream flavors you most wanted to see on the blog this year. If you want to see all the choices, you can go to the page with the survey. I have committed to make and post all the winning flavors!
Here are the winners in order:
- Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Caramel Pretzel Ice Cream
- Smores Ice Cream
- There were four flavors tied for fourth place. They are: Vanilla Jalapeno Ice Cream, Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream, and Banana Cream Pie Ice Cream.
We need a tie-breaker for fourth place! In the comments, leave your vote for which flavor you want to take the fourth place spot!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Take a few minutes to look around. Go ahead and click on everything! And I would love your feedback! Leave a comment letting me know what you think. If there is anything you would like to see more of on this blog, please also share your ideas!
If you like my blog, I would love for you to share it with your friends on Pinterest and Facebook! Just click on the cute pink icons below. And have a wonderful day!
Katie Hodgson says
Melissa… I LOVE the new & improved blog!!! (Not that it even needed improvement :))… Very user friendly, organized & yes, jazzy font as well. Great job!
Serene @ House of Yumm says
It looks wonderful!!!! I’m loving all the colors! So glad you’re happy with the results 🙂 Sarah is the best!
Alissa S. says
Jen @ Carlsbad Cravings says
LOVE, LOVE LOVE the new design! Love the clean, happy yet professional layout, love the colors, love the writing, love IT ALL! So excited for you!!
Melissa Howell says
Thank you, Jen! I’m so happy that you stopped by!
Jessica @ Sweetest Menu says
Melissa, wow! Your new blog layout is absolutely stunning! Sarah has done a brilliant job, it really makes your personality shine through. Gorgeous!
Melissa Howell says
Thank you, Jessica! You are always so positive and supportive!