Turn your Brazilian Lemonade pink with fresh strawberries! The perfect, gorgeous drink for summer parties, bridal and baby showers, and just for lounging by the pool!
One of our family’s favorite drinks is Brazilian Lemonade. It gets rave reviews every time I make it. (You can get the tutorial and recipe for Brazilian Lemonade here).
The last time I made it, my daughter suggested I make Strawberry Brazilian Lemonade. I figured why not?
All I had to do was add some fresh strawberries to the mix and voila! This gorgeous, delicious pink drink emerged!
I took it to a party with friends and every last drop was consumed. I only wish I’d made more!
Ingredients for Strawberry Brazilian Lemonade
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
Equipment to Make Strawberry Brazilian Lemonade
- Cutting Board
- Large Mesh Strainer
- Large Bowl
How to Make Strawberry Brazilian Lemonade
I have a full tutorial with pictures of how to make Brazilian Lemonade here.
The only thing you need to do in addition is to pulse about 10 strawberries (or about one pound of strawberries) with some of the sugar water and then strain it.
The amount of strawberries you use is up to you and depends on the intensity of strawberry flavor that you want.
For a quick rundown of the process, here’s what you do:
- Mix sugar with water.
- Add about 1/3 of the water to a blender with half of the limes (which have been cut into wedges).
- Pulse the limes with the sugar water, then strain.
- Repeat with the remaining limes and 1/3 of the sugar water.
- Add the last 1/3 of the sugar water with the strawberries and pulse. Then strain and add to the lime mixture.
- Pour into a pitcher and add sweetened condensed milk. Serve immediately with ice.
(This will all make a lot more sense once you see the tutorial for the original Brazilian Lemonade).
If you want to make something special that nobody has had before, then this Strawberry Brazilian Lemonade is just the ticket!
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 cups cold water
- 4-5 limes (thin-skinned limes are best)
- 10 fresh strawberries, leaves removed
- 6 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- Mix the one cup of sugar and the 6 cups of water in a large pitcher. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Wash the limes with soap and water to remove wax and pesticide residue. Rinse well.
- Cut off both ends of each lime and discard the ends.
- Cut each lime into eight wedges.
- Add half the lime wedges and two cups of the sugar water to a blender and pulse five times.
- Place a large mesh strainer over a large bowl. Pour the lime/sugar water mixture into the strainer. Press down on the lime pieces with the back of a spoon to extract the most juice. Discard the lime pieces in the strainer.
- Add the remaining lime wedges and two cups of the sugar water to the blender and repeat the pulsing and straining process.
- Add the last two cups of the sugar water to the blender along with the strawberries. Pulse five times. Then pour into the strainer and press down with the back of a spoon to extract the most juice. Discard the strawberries.
- Pour the lime/strawberry/water mixture from the large bowl into your serving pitcher.
- Add the 6 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk.
- Serve immediately over ice.
- Garnish with pieces of sliced lime or fresh strawberries if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 27mg Carbohydrates: 39g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 35g Protein: 2g