Here is a simple topping or mix-in that will make your ice cream really special. I use it for my Strawberry Pretzel Ice Cream (coming soon!) But you could also add it to a multitude of ice cream flavors. The sky’s the limit here. This crust is much like my graham cracker crust, but with a slightly salty touch because of the pretzels. It’s a great addition to ice cream, because the saltiness and sweetness play off each other and enhance the overall flavor experience. You probably won’t need the whole batch for your ice cream, but you can save the extras to sprinkle on top.
- 6 Tbsp. butter softened
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/4 cup crushed pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add crushed pretzels and mix well.
- Press into the bottom of an 8x8 pan. (It is often useful to wet your fingers so that the buttery mixture doesn't stick to them).
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely before crumbling and mixing into ice cream.