“LeFou I’m afraid I’ve been thinking.”
“A dangerous past-time…”
“I know.” (Name that movie).
This is what I thought: “I wonder if white chocolate would taste good in this ice cream. I bet it would. Hmm. What about macadamia nuts? Wow, that would be a good combo for a cookie!” So then I made these cookies and verified that yes, orange, white chocolate, and macadamia nuts are a good combination.
I used DoTERRA Wild Orange essential oil in this recipe, but you can also use orange extract. You can also add food coloring to make the ice cream orange if you like. (Click here to read about essential oils, and click here to order some).
So here you have my newest creation in the ice cream flavor pantheon. Wait, that doesn’t make any sense. Multiplex? Compendium? Now I’m just confusing myself with these big words. Just make this ice cream, ok? And if you don’t have an ice cream maker yet, go ahead and get one of those, too. See that big picture of the red ice cream maker in the sidebar? You can get free two-day shipping on that and be making ice cream in no time!
Time Commitment: Low
Personality: Friendly, fresh, kind.
At the Party: She is a natural, effortless beauty. She engages well with everyone and relates to all types of people. She is intelligent, but not overly complex.
Health Benefits of Ingredients: (Please see the Disclaimer)
Orange Essential Oil has myriad health benefits. It is a natural sedative, reducing anxiety, anger and depression. It is anti-inflammatory and antiseptic, and helps get rid of excess gas and toxins. (See “Health Benefits of Orange Essential Oil“).
Macadamia Nuts have higher levels of mono-saturated fats than other tree nuts. These are the kinds of healthy fats like those found in olive oil. (See “Macadamia Nuts Are Heart-Healthy“).
Pure Vanilla activates chemicals in the brain that reduce inflammation and improve mental performance. (See Using Vanilla to Increase Your Mental Performance).
I recommend the Cuisinart ICE-21 1.5 Quart Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream Maker.
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. whole milk
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 15-20 drops of DoTERRA Wild Orange essential oil or 1-2 tsp. orange extract, to taste
- 1 drop red food coloring and 2 drops yellow food coloring optional
- 1/4 c. white chocolate chips melted (thinned with 1/8 tsp. vegetable oil, if necessary)
- 1/2 c. unsalted coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Mix milk and sugar with a whisk until sugar is dissolved. Add heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and essential oil or orange extract (and food coloring, if using). Mix well. Pour into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's directions.
- While ice cream is churning, melt the white chocolate chips over medium-low heat in a saucepan on the stove. Add oil if necessary. Keep warm until ice cream is done churning.
- When ice cream has reached soft-serve consistency, transfer to airtight container in layers, drizzling white chocolate and adding macadamia nuts to each layer. Freeze for several hours or overnight.