These addictive Lemon Crinkle Cookies will disappear before your very eyes! Great lemon flavor paired with perfectly sweet cookies. If you love lemon, these cookies are next on your “to bake” list!
These cookies will turn you into a glutton. I’m sorry. It can’t be helped. They are just so dang good.
What makes them so good? Fresh lemon juice, followed by fresh lemon zest.
(Yes, you can use lemon juice from a bottle, but since you need lemon zest from an actual lemon, you might as well just use fresh lemon juice).
If you buy a whole bag of lemons, then you’ll want to make fresh Homemade Lemonade and use this handy apparatus to get all the juice out.
The Black and Decker Citrus Juicer. (This is an affiliate link).
This is what I have, and I LOVE it.
You plug it in and then just press down on the top with your lemon, and the juicer rotates automatically! Lift up and press down again, and the juicer switches directions so that you can really get all the juice out of that lemon!
It also has adjustments for the amount of pulp you want to let through, and it catches all the seeds. The container measures the amount of juice, and there’s a spout so you can pour the juice out without even taking the top off.
O.K. Back to these Lemon Crinkle Cookies 🙂
How to Make Lemon Crinkle Cookies
Step one: Mix up the dough. It will be pretty soft.
Step two: Use a large cookie scoop to scoop the dough.
Step three: Drop the dough into a container of powdered sugar and shake the container to cover the dough with copious amounts of the sugar.
Step 4: Place the cookies on silicone mat-lined baking sheets, or baking sheets with parchment paper.
(Note: If you bake these on naked metal sheets, lightly spray the sheets with cooking spray first.
Second note: If you bake these on stoneware, there is no need to grease the stoneware. Also be aware that your cookies may spread differently and take longer to bake).
Step 5: Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
Step 6: Just try to let them cool off a little before you eat one. Oh yeah–and transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely 🙂
These cookies are really sensitive to the amount of flour you put in them, so make sure you measure your flour properly (by spooning it into your measuring cup).
I often will bake a couple “test” cookies to make sure they’re spreading and baking with the texture I want. Just pop two cookie balls on a small baking sheet into the oven and see how they turn out.
If they spread too much, you can add a little more flour to the rest of the dough before scooping and baking all the cookies.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking power
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together the 1/2 cup softened butter and the 1 cup of granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, one egg, 1 teaspoon lemon zest and 1 tablespoon lemon juice and mix.
- Add the 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons of flour along with the 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda. Mix slowly just until all the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Put the 1/2 cup powdered sugar in a container with high sides (like a plastic food container).
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop dough and drop it into the powdered sugar. (Don't put more than four balls at a time into the sugar).
- Carefully shake the container from side to side until the balls of dough have been thoroughly covered with sugar.
- Place the balls on parchment-lined or silicone mat-lined baking sheets, at least two inches apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, just until edges barely begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for five minutes on the baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
If using a small cookie scoop, bake cookies for 9-11 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 112mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 0g