If you’re looking for Easter candy recipes with the most popular Easter candy, you are in luck! This Easter Chex Mix is made with the super popular Easter M&Ms and Cadbury Mini Eggs. No bake, incredibly easy to make, and completely addictive! (You’ve been warned!)
Hello my friends! Welcome to spring! I’ve got a super easy, super fun recipe for you today for Easter Chex Mix!
You can make this before Easter, or wait until after Easter and use up that leftover Easter Candy!
In this recipe, I’ve just used two types of candy–M&Ms and Cadbury Mini Eggs. But you could add all kinds of candy to this mix! Feel free to experiment and have fun!
(If you want to see a fun graph of the most popular Easter Candy, you can check it out here).
This Easter Chex Mix is the perfect, fun treat to make with kids. It only requires mixing, pouring, and sprinkling! Let’s get started!
Ingredients for Easter Chex Mix
- Rice Chex
- Frosted Cheerios
- Vanilla Almond Bark (or Candy Coating/Melts/White Chocolate)
- Easter M&Ms
- Cadbury Mini Eggs
How to Make Easter Chex Mix
First, get a really big bowl. For reals.
Pour in about half of each box of cereal. (About six cups of Rice Chex and six cups of Frosted Cheerios). Mix those together.
In a microwave-safe bowl, you’re going to heat one pound of vanilla almond bark (or white chocolate, or candy melts) on high for one minute. Stir it and see if it is melted. If not, heat it for another thirty seconds and then stir again.
If necessary, keep heating and stirring in 15-second increments.
When the candy coating is completely melted, pour over the top of your cereal mixture and stir.
At this point, you can also stir in the M&Ms and Cadbury Mini Eggs if you wish. I wanted a cleaner presentation (since I was going to take pretty pictures), so I waited until the next step to add mine.
Once the candy coating is mixed in, feel free to add more cereal to get the consistency you want. I added some more Cheerios.
Spread the mixture onto a large sheet of wax paper. If you haven’t already added in the candy, sprinkle it on top now. (It’s best to do this as soon as possible so the candy will stick to the rest of the mix. If you wait too long, the candy will just sit on top).
Once all the candy is mixed in (or sprinkled on top), wait for an hour or so for the melted candy coating to firm up.
Break up the mix with your hands and serve!
As you might imagine, this recipe makes A LOT. Feel free to cut the recipe in half if you like. What you see on this platter is only about half of what this recipe makes.
I packaged this up into little cellophane bags and gave it to my class of girls at church. They were delighted!
It is SO GOOD, I ended up giving away most of this Easter Chex Mix, and then regretting it 🙁
For more fun, colorful Easter treats, don’t miss my Mint Chocolate Brownies that you can make into different colors and flavors! Check out the post to see all the fun varieties!
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 6 cups Frosted Cheerios cereal
- 1 pound vanilla almond bark, candy melts, or white chocolate
- 1 package Easter M&Ms
- 1 package Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Add the six cups of Rice Chex and six cups of Frosted Cheerios to a very large bowl. Mix.
- Break up the one pound of vanilla almond bark and place it in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for one minute. Remove and stir. If not completely melted, continue heating and stirring in 15-30-second increments.
- Pour the melted almond bark over the top of your cereal and mix well. Add additional cereal if desired.
- If desired, add the M&Ms and Cadbury Mini Eggs to the bowl with the cereal and stir. (Doing it this way will help the candy stick better to the cereal, but the end result won't look as pretty).
- Spread the cereal mixture out onto a large piece of waxed paper. If you haven't already mixed in the candy, sprinkle it on top now.
- Allow the Easter Chex Mix to sit at room temperature for about an hour to allow the almond bark to set up.
- Break up the mix with your hands and serve.
Will keep at room temperature for several weeks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Common Easter Chex Mix Questions
Can I use something other than vanilla almond bark, white chocolate chips, or candy melts?
Of course! I know a lot of people who use peanut butter, melted chocolate, or melted white chocolate. I love the subtle taste of the vanilla almond bark, but the world is your oyster!
What other ingredients do you think would work in this recipe?
The thing I love about this Easter dessert is that it’s so customizable. If you want it saltier, add in pretzels! If you want gummy candies, add in gummy candies.
That said, if you’re struggling with what to put in your Easter Chex Mix, here are a few ideas:
- Lucky Charms (instead of Cheerios)
- Mixed Nuts
- Chocolate Chips
- Shredded Coconut
- Jelly Beans
- Gummy Candies
- Mini M&Ms