This Creamy Pumpkin Pasta can be made from start to finish in just 15 minutes! It’s a super fast weeknight dinner that the whole family will love!
Did you know that 1.5 BILLION pounds of pumpkin are produced each year in the US alone? That’s crazy! But also super exciting, because it means there is no end to things we can make! Pumpkin is super versatile and can be used to make both things sweet (like my Chocolate Pumpkin Marble Cake and Pumpkin Caramel Snickerdoodles) and savory, like this Creamy Pumpkin Pasta.
For this recipe, you can use any type of pasta you like, but I prefer linguini or fettuccini. The sauce is basically Alfredo sauce with pumpkin pureé mixed in. If you are in a super big hurry and you like Alfredo sauce from a jar, you can just stir some pumpkin into the jarred sauce and heat it up on the stove.
However, if you are not in a big hurry, you can still have this whole thing ready (cooked pasta and all) in 15 minutes.
All you need is some butter, garlic, salt, Parmesan cheese (the stuff in the can is fine), whipping cream, and pumpkin.
To make the sauce, put butter and garlic in a medium-large saucepan or frying pan over medium low. Cook until the garlic is fragrant and barely starting to brown. Then you’ll add your salt and pumpkin and stir it in with the butter and garlic. Once that is smooth, slowly pour in the cream while stirring and heat until almost bubbling. Then remove from the stove, add your Parmesan cheese, stir, and you’re done! See how easy that was?
When serving, I like to add a pinch of nutmeg on top, just to be fancy 🙂
The next time you are looking for ways to use up pumpkin and want a quick dinner, this Creamy Pumpkin Pasta is just the ticket. (Plus, you’ll get loads of Vitamin A and be able to see better in the dark! This claim has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. I am making it up. But it is true that 1 cup of pumpkin will give you nearly 200% of your RDA of Vitamin A!)
- 8 oz. uncooked pasta linguini or fettuccini recommended
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic minced or pressed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Boil the pasta in a medium-sized stock pot over high heat until tender, 10-15 minutes.
- While pasta is boiling, prepare the sauce by heating the butter and garlic over medium-low heat.
- When butter is melted and garlic is fragrant and barely starting to brown, add the pumpkin puree and salt and stir well.
- Slowly pour in the cream while stirring. Turn the heat up to medium-high and stir continually until sauce almost starts bubbling.
- Remove from heat and add the Parmesan cheese. Stir and set aside.
- Drain the pasta. Serve immediately with the sauce and a pinch of nutmeg if desired.