Chocolate lovers, rejoice! Now you can combine two of your favorite indulgences–chocolate brownies and chocolate ice cream–into one amazing dessert! I used my Classic Chocolate Ice Cream recipe and then dropped in luscious chunks of my Decadent Chocolate Brownies to create this mouthwatering flavor.
Time Commitment: Medium
Health Benefits of Ingredients: (Please see the Disclaimer)
Chocolate has been shown in studies to lower cholesterol, improve blood pressure, prevent memory decline, reduce heart disease, and prevent stroke. (See What are the Health Benefits of Chocolate?)
I recommend the Cuisinart ICE-21 1.5 Quart Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream Maker.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz. bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate broken in pieces (slightly more than 1 cup of chocolate chips)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 or 4 large day-old chocolate brownies Decadent Chocolate Brownies work great!
- In a blender or food processor, add the sugar and chocolate pieces and pulse to process until the chocolate is very finely chopped.
- In the microwave or on the stove, heat the whole milk until just bubbling around the edges.
- Add the hot milk to the chocolate and sugar in the blender and process until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a medium-sized bowl and let cool completely.
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla and chill for 30 minutes or longer.
- Add to your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions. When transferring to an airtight container, break the brownies into bite-sized pieces and drop into the ice cream in layers. Freeze for several hours or overnight.
The next time you have chocolate brownies laying around that you don’t know what to do with (hey, it could happen!) make this delicious ice cream. It’s the perfect combination of chocolate and more chocolate!