Here’s what has changed for me:
- I have a new mindset concerning cleaning and organizing my home. Knowing where everything belongs has made my brain almost accept no other alternative. I am compelled to put things back where they belong.
- I have a great feeling of accomplishment for making so many positive changes in my home.
- I love the feeling of open space that comes with getting rid of everything I don’t love!
- I have become more dedicated to only surrounding myself with things that bring me joy.
- I am more conscious of what I buy. I really pay attention to how I feel about something before I buy it. Does it bring me joy, or not?
- I am not so bothered by the messes of my family members. I know it seems counter-intuitive, but I have a strategy for dealing with their stuff, and I don’t have to get mad about it!
- It has helped me let go of other things in my life that do not bring me joy–not just tangible things, but things I spend my time on.
- A realization that even if I regret getting rid of something, I can easily replace it.
- A feeling of happiness knowing that my home is a beautiful place.
So, what has changed for you? Can you relate to any of the things I shared? Are there other blessings you have found in your life? Let us know all about them! Please leave a comment with all that you have learned and changed through this process.
By the way, if you have not finished the challenge yet (or even started,) it is not too late! Just go back to the beginning or start where you left off. I may even personally do this challenge again, just to make sure that things I don’t love are not creeping back into my space! To get started, visit the first post, Welcome to the Transform Your Home, Transform Your Life Challenge! Happiness awaits!