Your assignments for this week are:
- Read pages 118-120 in The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up.
- Discard all physical photos that don’t bring you joy.
- Discard or donate all artwork and knick knacks that don’t bring you joy.
- Don’t think about people being offended if you throw away their picture! Trust me, they will never know. If you have pictures with people in them and you can’t remember their names (or had no idea what their names were in the first place,) throw them out!
- When dealing with pictures from special events, like weddings or graduations (which are emotional events) only keep those pictures that give you joy right now. By throwing away pictures, you are not throwing away memories! You have fully lived that moment already.
This challenge is based on the KonMari method found in the book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. If you are just joining us, be sure to start at the beginning! It’s very important to go in order! You can also visit my Transform Your Home, Transform Your Life page for all the previous posts in this series. Don’t feel like you have to catch up if you are just finding this challenge now! Just make sure to start doing the weekly challenges from the beginning, and you will be fine!